Based upon the Wikipedia page .
Arrondissement (/əˈrɒndɪsmənt/; French: [aʁɔ̃dismɑ̃]) is any of various administrative divisions of France, Belgium, Haiti, certain other Francophone countries, and the Netherlands.
- France see Arrondissements of France
- Belgium see Arrondissements of Belgium
- Haiti see Arrondissements of Haiti
- Switzerland Subdivisions of the canton of Bern include districts since 2010, which are called arrondissements administratifs in French.
- Netherlands In the Netherlands an arrondissement is a judicial jurisdiction, comprising a number of communes.
- Nations of Africa Most nations in Africa which had been colonised by the French have retained the arrondissement administrative structure.